Saturday, July 22, 2017

Entry 35: Six Months

Six months. Truly unbelievable. This time two years ago we were in NYC prepping for a huge surgery that would be life changing. This time six months ago we were gathered in Hospice prepping for  the end of life of a truly incredible man that changed our life. Today we are prepping our new house for the big move in tomorrow. All life changing events.
Above: NYC meal before surgery,
Below: Surrounded by love in Hospice.


And we celebrate with ice cream!
After all it is her half birthday!
So much can happen in such a short time. It is unbelievable to me that we have had to live six months without our Daddy and husband. Yet there have still been times of joy. When pulling up to the house to meet the painters thinking I still had fifteen minutes before they would arrive, I laughed, then smiled, then almost cried when I saw the Redskins sticker on the back of the truck and because they were early. Brian was there strong and steady waiting for surgery, he was calm and ready in Hospice, and he was a calming stamp of approval today. 

I truly wish he was here to do this life with us. He would've been so proud of the new house. He would've dinged a million walls carrying things by himself up the stairs  that should take four people to lift. I am thankful he has not been here suffering for the last six months, but I miss him. I am happy that Harper continuously talks about her Daddy. She has started drawing family pictures which always contain me, her and Daddy. 

So as our life continues to change, missing and loving Brian is our constant but we are so excited for what's to come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment